Monday, August 29, 2011

Review: Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles

Summary:

Luis Fuentes has always been sheltered from the gang violence that nearly destroyed his brothers’ lives. But that didn’t stop him from taking risks—whether he’s scaling a mountain in the Rockies or dreaming of a future as an astronaut, Luis can’t stop looking for the next thrill.

Nikki Cruz lives her life by three rules—boys lie to get their way, don’t trust a boy who says “I love you,” and never date a boy from the south side of Fairfield. Her parents may be from Mexico, but as a doctor’s daughter, she has more in common with her north-side neighbors than the Latino Blood at her school. Then she meets Luis at Alex’s wedding, and suddenly, she’s tempted to break all her rules.

Getting Nikki to take a chance on a southsider is Luis’s biggest challenge, until he finds himself targeted by Chuy Soto, the new head of the Latino Blood. When Chuy reveals a disturbing secret about Luis’s family, the youngest Fuentes finds himself questioning everything he’s ever believed to be true. Will his feelings for Nikki be enough to stop Luis from entering a dark and violent world and permanently living on the edge?

Review:

Simone Elkeles is one of my favorite authors. Whenever I see that she has another book coming out, I immediately go and pre-order it because I just have to read it. The Perfect Chemistry series is a favorite series of mine.

I absolutely fell in love again with this novel. Simone Elkeles is a genius. I'm not even kidding. The way she writes makes you fall in love with the characters. While reading these books, I laugh, cry, and get so mad I want to throw them against the wall. (And I have to say, I did almost throw this one against the wall a few times lol.) I get so connected to these characters that I never want the story to end.

Chain Reaction is a must read for any young adult reader. My only hope is that Simone Elkeles will continue on the Perfect Chemistry series with the Fuentes' brothers children, because I definitely do not want this series to end anytime soon. As you can tell, this one is a definite recommendation from me. You just can't go wrong with Simone Elkeles... I am anxiously awaiting her next novel already.


Grade: A+ 

No comments: