Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Hello, all!

Hello!

It has been a while since I announced that I would not be posting here anymore.  Since August of 2011!  Since that time a lot has happened in my life! 

Since I first posted that Hope's Bookshelf would no longer be here, I have been missing book blogging so much.  I have still been active on Goodreads, and I have been somewhat active on Twitter, but I miss the community that I felt apart of when I was blogging here on Hope's Bookshelf.

After thinking about it for the past week, I have decided to come back to the blogging universe again.

I am not promising that my posts will be as frequent as they were at the height of this blog.

I am hoping to do 3+ posts a week to get started, and see where it goes.  I am not going to promise this every week.  I am in college currently, with full 16 credit semesters, so things can get overly hectic, which results in less reading happening by me.

I am hoping that once I get back into the swing of things, I won't regret this decision.  I hope that I will be able to keep this up and not get too overwhelmed with adding the blog back into my life.  And I hope that there are still people reading this!

Things will be slow to get updated, probably, but I will be doing my best. 

Just a note: I plan to keep the name of the blog - Hope's Bookshelf - the same.  But, as most of you know, that is not my real name.  I don't feel the need to go by Hope anymore, as my Twitter/Goodreads/everything else does not have that name attached to it anymore.  I will be signing posts as Anna this time around.

I hope you all have a great day, and are as excited with this news as I am!
(Although I am sitting here nervous that this will not be taken well, or that nobody is even reading/following this anymore!)
Anna

2 comments:

di said...

Hi, Anna! Glad you're back. I actually just chose to return to book reviewing after being inactive for years as well. I decided to not only change my blog name but to get a new blog altogether. I used to run the Not So Closet Geeks blog, but I wanted a fresh start.

I'm also in college studying secondary education (English thought) right now. I've learned to manage my time better (than my first few years) so I'm hoping adding book reviewing to my schedule will go smoothly.

I realize that this is turning out rather long. I'm just excited to see a familiar blog returning. Looking forward to seeing your reviews!

Anna said...

Hi, D! I am glad to see you back! I used to read your blog, also. I also feel like (maybe) I have some better time management skills (except for that extreme procrastination problem that I still have for major projects), and it also helps that I have all the reviews for the books I read in the past three years on Goodreads, so if I get into a slump, or get really busy with school, I have some extra reviews all done.